SciPlay Games, LLC
Jackpot Raffle Promotion
THESE OFFICIAL RULES ARE A CONTRACT—READ THEM CAREFULLY BEFORE ENTERING. WITHOUT LIMITATION, THIS CONTRACT INCLUDES A RELEASE AND LICENSE FROM YOU, AND A LIMITATION OF CERTAIN OF YOUR RIGHTS AND REMEDIES.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. PURCHASES DO NOT INCREASE ODDS OF WINNING. ODDS OF WINNING IN EITHER PROMOTION DEPEND ON NUMBER OF ELIGIBLE ENTRIES RECEIVED IN THAT PROMOTION. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
- Promotion and Sponsor. Participation in either the SciPlay Games, LLC Jackpot Raffle promotion (the “Promotion,”) constitutes Entrant’s (as defined below) full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules. Entrant is free to disclaim any prize and status as Entrant, and as a result will not be eligible to receive any prize. This Promotion is sponsored and administered by SciPlay Games, LLC, 6601 Bermuda Road, Las Vegas, Nevada 89119 (“Sponsor”). All decisions related to and interpretation of these Official Rules by Sponsor are final and binding. While the Promotion may be publicized on social media websites, such websites are not affiliated with Sponsor or the Promotion. The Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok or any other third-party website or application that might host content where information about the Promotion is published (collectively “Content Hosts”). Entrant is providing information only to Sponsor and not to Content Hosts.
- Promotion Period. The Promotion begins at 10:00 a.m. CDT on September 22, 2022, and ends at 10:00 a.m. CDT on September 25, 2022 (the “Promotion Period”). Only entries submitted and received during the Promotion Period will be accepted. Sponsor is the official timekeeper of the Promotion.
- Eligibility. The Promotion is open only to individuals that are legal residents of one of the fifty United States or the District of Columbia, age 21 or older. Employees or agents of Sponsor or its parent or affiliate companies, vendors, suppliers, agencies, consultants, subcontractors or legal counsel, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee or agent, are not eligible. Legal entities are not eligible to enter. Eligibility is contingent upon agreement to, compliance with, and fulfillment of all requirements of these Official Rules. Additional eligibility criteria is set forth below.
Eligibility: The Promotion is open to those players of Sponsor’s Jackpot Party video game (the “Game”) who receive an invitation to join the Promotion.
- How to Enter. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. PURCHASES DO NOT INCREASE ODDS OF WINNING. By participating in the Promotion in any way you will become an “Entrant.”
Entry: All players who qualify for the Tournament of Champions Entrants feature in the Game will earn an entry to the sweepstakes and become Entrants. Players will qualify for the Tournament of Champions by placing in the top 20 in the Dash for Cash feature of the Game and achieving a top 3 spot in the Tournament of Champions feature of the Game (for a subsequent version of the Tournament of Champions). Entrants will earn one sweepstakes entry each time they qualify for the Tournament of Champions.
- Conditions of Entry. Entries not legitimately submitted in accordance with these Official Rules are void. Only qualified entries received by Sponsor during the Promotion Period are eligible for participation. Entrants may be required to provide the following information to be eligible for a Promotion prize: first, middle and last name, month, day and year of birth, email address, complete mailing address and phone number (collectively, “Personal Information”). All requested Personal Information must be provided to participate in a Promotion and to be eligible to win a prize. Unintelligible entries; entries with incomplete, invalid, or incorrect information; and entries that are counterfeit or tampered with in any way will be disqualified. Entries that are late, lost, damaged, misdirected, stolen, or not delivered will be disqualified. Sponsor is not responsible if a potential winner does not receive a prize because incomplete, invalid or incorrect information was provided during the Promotion. Proof of sent entry or entry receipt (such as a screenshot) does not constitute proof of actual receipt of entry by Sponsor.
Participation must be by Entrant. Participation by any other individual or entity, or originating at any other website or email address, including without limitation, commercial promotion entering and subscription notification service sites, is invalid and will be disqualified. Any attempt by any Entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple email addresses, phone numbers, identities, registrations, or logins; entries through a sweepstakes club or similar entity; or any other unauthorized method of entry will void all of Entrant’s entries and Entrant will be disqualified from the entire Promotion. Submitting mass entries or entries generated by an automated program, script or macro, or the use of any other similar device, program, or method to enter the Promotion is prohibited and will result in disqualification.
In the event of a dispute as to the identity of the Entrant, the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter will be deemed to be Entrant. A potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. The “authorized account holder” of an email address is the natural person assigned to that email address by any organization responsible for assigning accounts to that email address. If the identity of the individual who participated in the Promotion cannot be resolved to Sponsor’s satisfaction, the affected individual’s entry will be deemed ineligible.
Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, disqualify any individual it finds to be in violation of these Official Rules, tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Promotion (including without limitation, tampering with websites, email addresses or Games), or acting in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt to undermine the operation of the Promotion may be a violation of criminal or civil law, and Sponsor may seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law from any person it finds to have made such an attempt.
- Prizes. There is 1 prize available each awarding the winning Entrant with 25,000,000,000 in game coins suitable only for use within the Game. The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of all prizes in the New Player Promotion is $0. The prizes consist of coins that are the same as in game coins that are routinely given to players of the Game at no cost.
All prizes must be accepted as awarded without substitution and are not, in whole or in part, assignable, transferable or available for resale. Prizes have no cash surrender value, except where required by law. Sponsor has made no warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, with respect to any prize. This includes, without limitation, any warranty, representation or guarantee regarding any prize’s quality or fitness for a particular purpose. Federal, state and local taxes and all other costs and expenses associated with acceptance of and participation in any prize not specified as being awarded are the winner’s sole responsibility. Prize specific terms and conditions apply. If the winner elects not to partake in any portion of the prize, any remainder of the prize that is unused will be forfeited and will not be subject to additional compensation.
If any prize event or component is cancelled or otherwise does not occur for any reason whatsoever, the portion of the prize associated with that event or component will not be awarded, and any prize or value already awarded in connection with that event will be forfeited and no additional compensation will be provided to the winner.
Any prize details not specified in these Official Rules will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. If any potential winner is disqualified, not eligible, or for any other reason cannot accept the prize as stated, then Sponsor may randomly select a new potential winner from the remaining pool of eligible Entrants.
Only the number of each prize for each Promotion as set forth in these Official Rules will be awarded. In the event that any error or discrepancy causes more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be promoted, noticed or claimed in either Promotion, Sponsor may award only the stated number of prizes in such Promotion by conducting a random drawing from among all legitimate, unawarded, eligible prize claims in such Promotion.
- Winner Determination and Verification. The process leading to the random selection of each potential prize winner for the Promotion is within the sole discretion of the Sponsor. On or around September 26, 2022, a potential winner will be randomly drawn from the pool of all eligible entries received during the Promotion Period.
Potential winners for each Promotion are each subject to eligibility verification by Sponsor on an ongoing basis. An Entrant is not a winner of any prize, even if notified of being a potential winner, unless and until Entrant’s eligibility is verified to Sponsor’s satisfaction. To be verified as eligible to receive a prize, each potential winner must fulfill all requirements and continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and not be disqualified for any reason. Each potential winner will be notified by an in-Game notification (subject to Sponsor’s discretion). A potential winner must click on the in-Game notification and complete and submit the resulting survey with name, email address and complete mailing address in order to be eligible to receive the prize. If a potential winner cannot be contacted using the information provided, or fails to respond to Sponsor’s attempt to notify them of selection within five business days; if any prize or notification is returned as undeliverable or yields an error or undeliverable message (regardless of whether the message is ultimately delivered to the recipient); if a potential winner fails to sign and return the Release or any other required documentation or fails to comply with these Official Rules; if a potential winner is unable or unwilling to accept the prize or any portion as stated; or if a potential winner cannot be verified as eligible for any reason at any time before, during or after the Promotion Period, then that potential winner is disqualified from the applicable Promotion and forfeits the prize, and an alternate potential winner will be randomly selected from among the remaining eligible entries in the application Promotion.
In the event that an Entrant or potential winner in either Promotion is disqualified or fails to claim a prize for any reason, the process set forth above will be repeated until all prizes in the applicable Promotion are awarded, or until three attempts have been made to award each prize in the applicable Promotion and each attempt has failed. EXCEPT AS REQUIRED BY LAW, IF ANY PRIZE IN EITHER PROMOTION REMAINS UNAWARDED FOR ANY REASON AFTER THREE ATTEMPTS, THAT PRIZE WILL NOT BE AWARDED IN THAT PROMOTION. If any winner is awarded and claims a prize in the Promotion, a winners list may be obtained by printing the requestor’s name and complete mailing address on a 3x5” postcard and mailing it to SciPlay Games, LLC, Attn: Win a Trip to Hollywood Sweepstakes – New Player Promotion Winners List, 6601 Bermuda Road, Las Vegas, Nevada 89119. Requests for either Promotion must be received within three months of the end of the Promotion Period.
Odds of winning a prize in the Promotion depend on the number of eligible entries received in the Promotion.
- Limitations of Liability. By entering or participating in the Promotion, each Entrant agrees to indemnify, defend (regardless of ultimate liability), and hold harmless, and thereby does release and discharge Sponsor and Content Hosts, and each of their respective parent and affiliate companies, vendors, suppliers, agencies, consultants, subcontractors and legal counsel, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such individual (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against all loss, liability, damage, injury, claim or cause of action related in any way whatsoever to this Promotion, these Official Rules, or the rights, consents and licenses granted to Sponsor under these Official Rules, including without limitation, violation of any agreement or obligation; infringement of any right of publicity or intellectual property; threatened or actual injury, loss or damage to any person, including death and disability; defamation or portrayal in a false light (intentional and unintentional); invasion of privacy; and damage to or loss of property, arising out of such Entrant’s participation in the Promotion or receipt, use, non-use or misuse of any prize. To the maximum extent allowed by law, in no event will Released Parties be responsible for any damages or losses of any kind, including indirect, incidental, consequential or punitive damages arising out of the Promotion. Some jurisdictions may not allow the limitations or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages or exclusion of implied warranties. Check local laws for restrictions regarding these limitations or exclusions.
Entrants waive any right to claim ambiguity in these Official Rules. The Released Parties are not responsible for: (a) technical failures of any kind; (b) incorrect information, whether caused by Entrants, any internet or email service provider, any promotional or advertising agency, printing or computing errors, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with the Promotion; (c) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry processes or the Promotion; (d) technical or human error that may occur in the administration of the Promotion, the processing of entries or the announcement of any potential winner or prize; (e) any injury or damage to persons or property, including without limitation, computers, phones and tablets, that may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, by Entrant’s participation in the Promotion or access to any Promotion materials; (f) the receipt, use or misuse of any prize; or (g) any other errors in any materials, information or announcements associated with the Promotion. If for any reason an Entrant’s entry is confirmed by Sponsor to have been erroneously deleted, lost or otherwise destroyed or corrupted by Sponsor, Entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Promotion, subject to availability and provided that the Promotion Period has not then expired.
EACH ENTRANT WAIVES CALIFORNIA CIVIL CODE § 1542 (AND ALL SIMILAR LAWS OF ANY STATE OR TERRITORY OF THE UNITED STATES), WHICH READS: “A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR.” EACH ENTRANT REPRESENTS AND WARRANTS FULL UNDERSTANDING OF, AND ACKNOWLEDGES THE SIGNIFICANCE AND CONSEQUENCE OF, WAIVER OF CALIFORNIA CIVIL CODE § 1542 (AND ALL SIMILAR LAWS OF ANY STATE OR TERRITORY OF THE UNITED STATES).
- LICENSE FROM ENTRANT. To the extent allowed by law, participation in the Promotion in any way constitutes each Entrant’s consent for, and grant of a non-exclusive, sub-licensable and assignable license to Sponsor to record, publish, post, display and otherwise exploit such Entrant’s name, social media handles, likeness, image, voice, aural and visual performance (together or independently), statements and hometown, regardless of whether altered, distorted or used alone or with other material, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, for commercial, promotional, marketing and trade purposes in any medium now known or later discovered, worldwide and in perpetuity, without review or approval, and without further notice, payment or consideration of any kind.
All rights, consents and licenses granted to Sponsor under these Official Rules or the Release will survive the termination of the Promotion. Such consents and licenses may only be revoked in writing, and the mere ending of the Promotion is not sufficient to revoke such consents or licenses.
- Right to Modify or Cancel. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules will not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event any provision is found invalid or unenforceable, these Official Rules will otherwise remain in effect in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was never included. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any provision of these Official Rules does not constitute a waiver of that provision.
To the extent permitted by law, Sponsor may cancel, suspend or modify the Promotion or any part of the Promotion, in any way, if Sponsor determines in its sole discretion that the Promotion is not capable of executing as Sponsor intended, or that any error, omission, fraud, technical failure, tampering, computer virus or other factor, technical or otherwise, beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control, impairs or may impair Sponsor’s ability to properly conduct the applicable Promotion. In such event, Sponsor may, but is not obligated to, award any applicable prize by conducting a random drawing from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the cancellation, suspension or modification of the applicable Promotion. Inclusion in such random drawing is Entrant’s exclusive remedy under such circumstances.
In the event of an inconsistency between these Official Rules and any information contained in any Promotion-related materials, including without limitation, a Promotion entry form or any point-of-sale, radio, television, print or online advertising, these Official Rules will prevail and govern.
- Disputes; CLASS ACTION WAIVER. Except where prohibited by law, Entrant agrees that: (a) all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or related to the Promotion or any prize will be resolved individually, without any form of class action; and (b) all claims, judgments and awards will be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the applicable Promotion, but in no event attorneys’ fees. The Promotion and these Official Rules are governed by and will be construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Nevada, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of laws rules that would cause the application of the laws of any other jurisdiction.
- MANDATORY BINDING ARBITRATION. Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to the Promotion shall be settled by binding arbitration in a location determined by the arbitrator as set forth in these Official Rules (provided that such location is reasonably convenient for claimant), or at such other location as may be mutually agreed upon by the parties, in accordance with the procedural rules for commercial disputes set forth in the Comprehensive Arbitration Rules and Procedures of JAMS (“JAMS Rules and Procedures”) then prevailing, and judgment upon the award rendered by the arbitrator(s) may be entered in any court of competent jurisdiction. The arbitrator shall be selected pursuant to the JAMS Rules and Procedures. The arbitrator shall apply Nevada law consistent with the Federal Arbitration Act and applicable statutes of limitations, and shall honor claims of privilege recognized at law. In the event that the claimant is able to demonstrate that the costs of arbitration will be prohibitive as compared to the costs of litigation, Sponsor will pay as much of the claimant’s filing and hearing fees in connection with the arbitration as the arbitrator deems necessary to prevent the arbitration from being cost-prohibitive. If any part of this arbitration provision is deemed to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal (other than that claims will not be arbitrated on a class or representative basis), or otherwise conflicts with the rules and procedures established by JAMS, then the balance of this arbitration provision shall remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with its terms as if the invalid, unenforceable, illegal or conflicting provision were not included. If, however, the portion that is deemed invalid, unenforceable or illegal is that claims will not be arbitrated on a class or representative basis, then the entirety of this arbitration provision shall be null and void, and neither claimant nor Sponsor shall be entitled to arbitrate their dispute. Upon filing a demand for arbitration, all parties to such arbitration shall have the right of discovery, which discovery shall be completed within sixty days after the demand for arbitration is made, unless further extended by mutual agreement of the parties. THE ARBITRATION OF DISPUTES PURSUANT TO THIS PARAGRAPH SHALL BE IN THE ENTRANT’S INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING. THE ARBITRATOR MAY NOT CONSOLIDATE OR JOIN THE CLAIMS OF OTHER PERSONS OR PARTIES WHO MAY BE SIMILARLY SITUATED.DO NOT ENTER THE PROMOTION IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO HAVE ANY CLAIM OR CONTROVERSY ARBITRATED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THESE OFFICIAL RULES.