Players on Android devices, like the Samsung Galaxy or Google Pixel, may encounter error 6.23.0 when attempting to make an in-app purchase.
This error message happens when the Google Play store app needs to be updated.
Here’s how to update your Google Play store:
- Swipe up from the bottom (or the action specific to your device) to pull up the list of apps on your Android device.
- Locate “Play” from the list and tap on the icon.
- Once the Play store app has loaded, tap on your account username initial in the top right-hand corner of the screen.
- Locate and tap on “settings” in the menu that appears.
- Find “About” and tap on it to show more details.
- Look for “Play Store version” under “About” and tap on “Update Play Store” if it appears on your screen.
Please note that, depending on your device, you may not receive a confirmation message from Google letting you know that the update has been completed. We recommend closing the Google Play store app and waiting around 1-5 minutes before re-opening to verify that the update is finished.
Visual guide on how to update the Google Play store